Sesame Mango Noodle Salad with Guacamole

Have you ever returned to one of your favorite restaurants, only to find that they took your favorite meal off of the menu? That happened to me, and I wanted to turn the table over and cry like a small child, kicking and screaming my way out of the restaurant. Thankfully I didn't do that, ordering something 'second rate' off of the menu instead. But, upon leaving the restaurant, I vowed I would make my own version that would be 10 times better anyways...HA! (veganess sticks her tongue out). I love the combination of sweet, salty, and creamy in this salad. You can tweak it to make it sweeter, and add a whole host of different crunchy veggies. Either way, this is now in my top 10!

Ingredients (serves 4):
Salad:
4 servings of cooked noodles (spaghetti works, or I use several Asian varieties), cut in half
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 1/2 tbsp tamari (you can use soy sauce, but use a bit less)
1/2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 tsp agave nectar (optional; adds sweetness)
1/4 cup chopped green onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
a few grinds of pepper
1-2 mangoes, chopped (I LOVE mango, so I use two, but 1 works great as well)

2 cups chopped romaine, or mixed greens

Guacamole (Use your favorite, OR I find the recipe below suits this salad and is easy to make):
2 avocados
1/2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp cilantro (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Cilantro, to garnish (optional)
Peanuts or cashews, to garnish (optional)

1) Toss all of the dressing/ liquid ingredients together in a large bowl. Add cooked noodles,  and mango, tossing to coat. Set aside in the fridge.
2) For the guacamole, use your favorite, or blend all of the ingredients together until smooth.
3) To assemble, pile some of the romaine in the bottom of the bowl, followed by the noodle mixture, and top with a nice big dollop of guacamole. Garnish with cilantro, or peanuts (if using) and enjoy!


Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...